Northeast India is a land of breath-taking beauty. Large rugged mountains and plains of rice fields provide continuous scenic views. However, lovelier than the natural beauty is the rich history of Christian missions among these Mongolian descent people. The people of Nagaland of NE India were in generations past a war like people and they were vicious head hunters. But in the late 1800’s, American Baptist missionaries won the souls of many tribal leaders to Christ in this region and Christianity spread throughout Nagaland. In more recent years there have been great revivals in the 1950’s and 1960’s and today over 90% of Naga people professes to be Christian, however, many are generational Christians and once again there are great needs of spiritual revival.
Where Is Nagaland & Assam State of NE INDIA
MTM will be conducting two different conferences in Nagaland’s neighboring state of Assam. Assam state is very different than Nagaland state. Assam state is predominantly Hindu and there are great Gospel opportunities in this state. Actually we will be traveling in both of these states. But it is in Assam state that God has called MTM to conduct two different missions’ conferences in two different regions within this state. From Sept 17-19th we will be at Karbi Anglong and then Sept 20-22 we will be at Majuli Island which is the world’s largest river island.
MTM Ministry Team L-R, Naomi & Raymond Burkholder and Phil & Linda Beiler. Phil & Linda Come From Lancaster County PA -USA
Specific Prayer Requests For The Ministry Team
1. Flight and vehicle travel safety. We will be doing a fair amount of travel in these rugged regions of NE India
2. Good physical health for the ministry team
3. Beautiful team unity that would testify that God the father sent His son Jesus for the salvation of all men
4. Demonstrations of the beauty of Holiness as Jesus Christ is exalted
5. Overflowing grace on the teachers, translators and attendees
6. Humility and Christ likeness in every motive
7. Spiritual grace and strength to preach & teach God’s word and heart.